July 25, 2023

Installed EM13 decoder in IR ISHIKWA 521 Series Kato 10-1507

 I finally got my order from Plaza Japan that included several decoders some vehicles and other goodies. First thing that I wanted to do was put a decoder in my IR Railways Series 521. As usual I couldn't find a tutorial for the instructions for installing a decoder in 5his car. Thank goodness that the installation is pretty standard and easy. 

  • Remove the grey plastic box on the bottom of the train.
  • Then remove the truck don't lose that drive rod. 
  • Take the decoder a flip it so the black chip is facing up then slide it in underneath the copper strip.
  • Reinstall the truck making sure you get the rod into the flywheel properly.
  • Put the grey box back on the EMU
  • You're done.
Cover on EMU


Cover off EMU
Truck removed EMU
No truck or cover
Decoder installed
Decoder installed and truck installed













No comments:

Post a Comment