September 02, 2009

New track plans from Kato and track sets?

Wow Kato must be doing some serious stuff in the Japan headquarters. First we get Unitram stuff then Portram stuff and track planning software now new track plans.

Kato has a new V14 set, this set has a smaller radius than the V11 set so you can make use of smaller spaces which is my guess.Im not sure how old the V14 set is but the place where I get my sets from doesent have this one in stock as of yet.

The v14 set must be really new since I dint see it mentioned on the Kato usa site. Well it looks like I'll be getting a v14 because the v11 is pretty big for my space.

I like the look of these new plans, they look very exciting and well thought out.






5 comments:

  1. Do you know where I can get a list of specific tracks pieces that are required for the layout on the very bottom right? I know that I can probably figure it out by looking at the poicture on the V14 box but I'd like a list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On ebay there are some dealers that are selling the V14 set. I think they have photos of the back of the box which includes track item numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the V14 set and you're right, a picture is there with the variation sets that are required to build the layout but there is no list of individual track pieces. This info is not available on the Kato site either. Any other ideas? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another suggestion would be to stop by MG Sharp one of England leading Kato distributors and see what the have listed. They usually have tons of track plans and such on their website to check out. Do a Google search for MG Sharp and Im sure you'll find it, I dont have the url.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had already tried that and everthing else I can think of. I guess there's nothing else to be done and its not as if I can't figure how to lay the track by looking at the picture. I may do a post on another blog however. Thanks for the effort you put into this.

    ReplyDelete