December 22, 2023

Can I turn this sheet of brass into a N scale boxcar/gondola?

Stay tuned and find out. I purchased this sheet of 1mm brass sheet by mistake and had no idea what to do with it until a friend suggested I make a boxcar from it. That was an excellent suggestion as I'm always looking for new projects to work on. I don't see it being very difficult except for measurements.

Well, the project is on hold why you ask, The brass is too thick to work with I tried using a jeweler saw it took too long, I tried my Dremel tool which is too dangerous, I tried a full-size saw with the wrong blade, I tried a mini bolt cutter that's too small. I have access to a full-size bolt cutter that I will bring in my brass sheet and that should work since it's larger we'll see.

I'm back with an update, I decided not to let a 1mm thick piece of brass defeat me so I ordered a pair of Crescent Wiss Aviation snips to tackle that tick piece of brass. Below is a pic of the Cresent Wiss Aviation snips, Hopefully I can get some more use out of them in the future with more brass projects. 

Update #1: The eBay seller yakidabus never sent the tool he used a fake service called Aquiline to pretend to ship the tool and claim that it was delivered. Once it shows as delivered the buyer can't claim that he didn't get it and therefore is out of the money spent on the tool. But there's a way to get your money back you can claim that you didn't get the item you paid for which I didn't with your bank and they will refund your money most likely on the spot. I put in a claim with eBay and PayPal but I have no faith in both of them, I will get my aviation snips one way or another. I've reported the seller and trying to see what other steps I can take to make him refund my money.

Update #2: I got my money on the eBay purchase from my financial institution so eBay closed my case. I've ordered the Aviation snips from Home Depot and they have shipped already I should have the snips by Tuesday. 










No comments:

Post a Comment