July 24, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action, HD?

I thought it was about time that I gave up trying to take model railroad videos with my trusty Nikon P1 and buy a dedicated video camera. So after hours of searching the Net for camcorder reviews I settled on the Creative Vado HD. The Vado does all kinds of goodies like record video at an HD video resolution of up to 1280x720p. Its pocket sized, hopefully I wont lose it. The Vado has the latest H.264 video compression technology provides unprecedented video quality at ultra-efficient file sizes for the best possible viewing experience. Record up to 4 times more videos, compared to MPEG-4 encoded ones.It has up to 4 hours of HD quality video or up to 8 hours of video at VGA resolution.

The video below is AWESOME for something created on a pocket video camera.










Below is my little video shot on a Creative Vado, yup its in HiDef as well, hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recommendation! I've been using my camera for video for a while so I know where you're coming from! :-)

    This is a great looking camera, thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jerry thanks for the comment on my video, it was a fun project to shoot just riding around town,

    ReplyDelete