July 28, 2009

Today I built a skyscraper

Well kind of, I was in the mood to build something & it was a skyscraper for my ever growing n scale Japanese empire. I got inspiration seeing a post on JNS basically the building was covered with mirror mosaics tiles. So I sourced some gold rose color mirror tiles as well as smoke colored mirror tiles. Im not sure what type of pattern I'll do but hopefully it'll be interesting. Now I need to work on details like the entrance to the building, roof details and if I want an addition on the building or not. I added a couple of the internal bracing I used in my building.







4 comments:

  1. Ambitious! I'm excited to see where this goes. I presume that's sheet styrene you're using? What thickness is it? I don't see any internal buttressing: How does it hold up for such a large structure? I ask as someone about to embark on a largish styrene structure myself…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Im hoping it goes to new levels literely Ive added an attachment to the main structure (I'll post pics real soon). Basically its a big square, not much in the way of bracing going on. I however used small rectangular lengths of styrene to butt the sections together on all 4 sides of the building so it would glue nice and straight. The top and bottom of the building both have a section of styrene to provide a faux roof which also provides strength. the building holds up really well. Please share a link to what youre doing Id like to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to share a link :D
    http://akihabara.artificial-science.org is where I post everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I really like your Blog, you work on lots of projects huh lol.

    ReplyDelete