October 09, 2009

Old Yeller

Well here she is, here it is my new Dr.Yellow from Tomix. This sucker is bright thats for sure, the paint job reminds me of a highlighter, but Ive been told it should be that bright. Ive seen some videos of Dr. Yellow's and they kind of look like my model does. plus the color is growing on me lol.

One other good thing has come out of this purchase, I was never into the Series 923 Shinkasen but now Im planning on buying the regular version Series 923 from Kato pretty soon.

I have to say the packaging is certainly not Kato quality, no nice bookcase style packaging or hard plastic box. You get a color sleeve with your model packed in foam with protective plastic.The coupling system is a simple hook and latch type of deal, no prototypical couplers on this one.

The more I look at my Dr. Yellow the more the color is starting to grow on me. Im going to post a Youtube video of a Dr. Yellow and let you be the judge.

I haven't had a chance to run my Dr. Yellow yet but I will real soon.

Update 10/10/09

The strangest thing happened, I took another look at my Dr. Yellow this morning and I'll be a monkeys uncle if the color changed on me. It looks like the light in my room sucks. The color looks like Yellow and not my previous described highlighter yellow color. So be aware of your lighting sources when being critical of model painting.





2 comments:

  1. That looks about right: Hi-Viz Yellow. Although I wonder why this train needs to be hi-viz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I guess my eyes & the light dont work together lol.

    ReplyDelete