November 12, 2009

Japan Auction Center Proxy Fees

I thought Id post the fees that I was charged after winning my auction. Id rather a new user not be shocked by unknown fees. I didn't know there was a fee after you won an auction and local delivery fee what is that about lol.

Here are my proxy fees so far, I expect that to go up another $30 USD for shipping to me once the package shows up. So far so good and not bad for a rare item like the Kato Hikari + 2 car add on set that I won.


Bank charges for auction(s) - 300 ¥ 2009-11-10 10:14:24
Local delivery charges for auction(s) - 800 ¥ 2009-11-10 10:14:24
Fee for won auction[ The fee on won auction ] 1840 ¥ 2009-11-08 21:42:5
Actual ending auction - 13,000 ¥ = 144.00 USD 2009-11-08 21:42:5
Current Balance -2940 ¥ = $32.5416 USD


Enjoy Japanese auctions with 1 click!

5 comments:

  1. I had wondered about those fees. Thanks for sharing them. They keep me away from the auction sites, but I suppose they are worthwhile for rare items. I imagine the 'local delivery' fee is to have the item delevered to the proxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about them as well, I mean JAC does post the fees on their website. It's nice the fees based on a actual auction and you get an approximation on the costs. Of course the lower your auction is the lower all of these fees are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing Ive learned is that when making a deposit do not send more than you need to send. As they take a %4 cut of whatever you send. Its like giving them more money than you need to give them.Hey la saucisse JAC actually does ship via SAL. I ordered something once and used SAL it showed up in a month, I guess thats what you pay for lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another tidbit about JAC is that they have a record on Yahoo Japan Auctions of 23,582 purchases. Thats a lot of buying stuff, I wonder how much of it is purchasing model trains for guys like us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to know that these hidden fees are revealed here. It is so smart of you to share it to other investors of Japan auction. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete